Best Way to Cancel Netflix Subscription
If you want to cancel your subscription to Netflix, you may get lost in the process. This is a helpful guide to cutting your relations with streaming services. While Netflix continues to be the most popular platform for watching movies and TV shows, you can switch it to numerous alternatives on the market. In 2022 the company had already lost 200 000 subscribers, which brought the company to cancel a wide range of shows and even the whole department of animation.
There are numerous competitors like HBO Max, Hulu, and Disney+ those welcome new subscribers with lower prices and more services. Apart from that, Netflix is looking to increase its ad-supported content. If you are one of those who don’t want to enjoy Netflix anymore, here is how you can cancel your subscription.
Step-by-Step Guide to Cut Subscription
Although there is a promise in the Netflix center that you can easily cancel your subscription once you no longer need it, the procedure is far from simple. This only means that you will not get refunds. Netflix simply will be active till the end of your billing period.
Here are the steps you have to follow if you want to cancel your account:
- Open the Netflix website and get straight to the account yours that you don’t need anymore;
- Pick the icon with your profile picture in the right upper corner of the display;
- Pick the Account and open the page Account Details there;
- You will find there the Membership and Billing section. Find the Cancel Membership gray button. The cancelation page will be opened and show you the last date of the plan you’ve paid for;
- Now you can choose the Finish Cancelation service there. It will open the survey with the possible reasons for your leaving. Choose the reasons there;
- After you’ve named all the reasons why you don’t need Netflix anymore, you can easily click the button Done. It will send you to the details page with the information on the time you will no longer have access to the shows.
While it looks simple, you can’t cancel your subscription via the desktop or mobile apps. You need to it on your TV. If you are inside the app, you can only open the management page and check the details. To do this, you need to go to Settings. Open the Account Details there and tap on the page the Account Management.
If you are using your mobile app, you can also go to the Management page. All you need to do is to press the icon of your account. You can see it in the right upper corner of the screen. Press the Account section. It will automatically open the management page of your account.
Even if you have already canceled your Netflix subscription but changed your mind, you can restart it. Go to the official website of Netflix and log into it with your password. You will be able to see your Account Details still. There you need only to click the Restart Membership button. You will see it on the left side of the page. Once you restart your subscription, you will have to pay monthly bills, don’t forget about it.
Yet, if you have unsubscribed successfully, take some time and think about other alternatives. You may find numerous other cheaper or free-of-charge streaming services that will suit you. Don’t forget that there are some specific TV shows and movies available only for Netflix audiences. If you are looking for Stranger Things or Arcane, you may want to wait to cancel your subscription for some time.
Life Without Netflix
Netflix is suffering hard times right now, with numerous subscribers leaving the service. Meanwhile, they continue to provide new content to those who are left and expand their services to a wide range of countries. You may want to take a pause in your subscription for some time. Follow these detailed instructions then.
Which show is your favorite on Netflix? Are you considering canceling your subscription? Express your thoughts about Netflix below.