Poppy Playtime review
10 GB available space
Poppy Playtime is a first-person survival horror video game developed and published by indie developer MOB Games. The first chapter was released on Steam for Microsoft Windows on October 12, 2021. A mobile port is also currently in development. Future chapters are planned to be released as downloadable content.
In the game, players navigate through a first-person perspective and must solve puzzles, some requiring a gadget named the GrabPack, in order to progress further. Poppy Playtime is a first-person survival horror that features a wide variety of puzzles and a number of different enemies. The player must solve puzzles and avoid enemies in order to progress. The player can also find various VHS tapes lying around the factory, which gives a more in-depth explanation of the story.
The graphics in Poppy Playtime are stylised, with a retro-arcade look. The graphics are artfully done, with some style similar to that seen in the "Five Nights at Freddy's" series. There are also some horror elements that are reminiscent of "Silent Hill" series.
Information about replayability
The first chapter of Poppy Playtime is available for purchase on Steam for $9.99.
- Poppy Playtime is a first-person survival horror game
- The game features a new idea in horror game design, where the player is challenged with solving puzzles
- The game features an interesting story, which is told through tapes
- The game can be quite challenging on higher difficulties
- The game contains puzzles, some of which are frustrating
- The game is rather short on its own, and there are no plans for DLC
The game has a lot of advantages, such as the game being first-person and having a new idea in horror game design. However, the game can be quite challenging on higher difficulties, and the game contains puzzles which can be frustrating. These puzzles can also be quite challenging, and some players might find them very frustrating. The game is also rather short on its own, and there are no plans for DLC.